Thursday, February 5, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
“Wolverine and the X-Men” was a ratings hit for Nicktoons, as the debut episode was the network’s highest-ever premiere with kids and boys. The premiere drew 436,000 viewers, up 808% from last year, according to a news release.
Nicktoons Network’s Wolverine and X-Men Carves Niche as Net’s Highest-Rated Premiere Ever with Kids and Boys
Nicktoons Network’s back-to-back premiere episodes of Wolverine and the X-Men (Jan. 23 8 and 8:30 p.m. ET), the new action-packed animated series based on Marvel’s popular super hero series, was the network’s highest rated original series premiere ever with kids and boys. Each episode posted triple-digit gains with all kid and boy demos.
The hour-long block, elevated the network’s ratings by +233% with kids 6-11 and +180% with boys 6-11; and averaged 1.0/123,000 K6-11 and a 1.4/91,000 B6-11.
Highlights of Wolverine and the X-Men 8 p.m. (ET) episode include:
* The 8 p.m. telecast scored triple digit gains of +133% with kids 6-11 and averaged a .7/92,000 K6-11, and +175% with boys 6-11 with a 1.1/72,000 B6-11.
* With tweens 9-14 the episode earned a .6/70,000, up +500%; with boys 9-14, it was up +350% and averaged a .9/60,000 B9-14.
* With kids 2-11 the episode earned a .7/135,000 K2-11, up +250%; with boys 2-11, it was up +233% averaging a 1.0/105,000 B2-11.
* The premiere also drew 436,000 total viewers (P2+), up +808% over last year.
Highlights of Wolverine and the X-Men 8:30 p.m. (ET) episode include:
* The 8:30 p.m. (ET) telecast scored triple and quadruple-digit gains for Nicktoons with all kid and tween demos and total viewers.
* The half-hour episode earned a 1.2/154,000 with kids 6-11, up +200% and a 1.7/110,000 with boys 6-11, up +183%.
* With tweens 9-14 the episode earned a 1.1/134,000, up +1000%; with boys 9-14 it was up +367% and averaged a 1.4/89,000 B9-14.
* With kids 2-11 the episode earned a 1.1/228,000; up +450%; and with boys 2-11, it earned gains of 275% and averaged a 1.5/154,000 B2-11.
* The second episode also drew 589,000 total viewers (P2+), up +1055% over last year.From Nerdage